Applications invited for the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Polymers, Soft Matter and ColloidsPosted on Friday, October 14th, 2016 in News| Share this article
We are currently inviting applications for the 2017 cohort of the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral training in Polymers, Soft Matter and Colloids.
Study for a distinctive PhD degree at The University of Sheffield that offers:
● A choice of CASE research projects with various industrial sponsors
● An intensive one-week training course in Polymer Science
● Monthly seminar programme led by industrial scientists
● Annual residential summer school in Years 1 and 2
● Business Enterprise module comprising 12 interactive workshops in Year 2
● Funds to visit an overseas academic institution of your choice to pursue a collaborative project
● Six-month secondment with your industrial sponsor in either Year 3 or Year 4
● A tax-free stipend of at least £17,000 per annum for four years
Applications are invited from UK students either holding, or expecting to receive, at least an upper second class honours degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or an Engineering discipline for enrolment in October 2017.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration.
We are currently accepting applications.